Vote for your future!
As roozbeh previously announced
, some of us have started a project
to build the locale and Unicode support library of the future. It consists of a set of libraries, and some configuration applications and things like that.
The problem is, yeah, the name. We have been discussing the name problem over the past weeks on the list, and we have decided to run a poll. As Bruno Haible put it:
These were the proposals (without "lib" prefix):
Everyone has 1 vote. If a person gives N votes, every vote counts 1/N th.
- cupus - Complete User-Programmable Unicode Support
- g11n - Globalization
- gilles - GNU Internationalization and Localization LibrariES
- giulia - GNU Internationalization & Unicode LIbrary & Applications
- gliu - GNU Locale and Internationalization with Unicode
- glocale - GNU locale
- gludge - Gludge Locale and Unicode Data for GNU Environments
- gnudge - GNU Desktop Globalization Environment
- gnugl - GNU Globalization Library
- gucill - GNU User Customizable Internationalization & Localization Libraries
Please reply to the list until Monday.
There are reasons for and against some of the names, but I don't repeat them here, for fairness! Ok, if you like to vote, no, leaving a comment to this blog post isn't counted. You need to subscribe to our mailing list here
and send your vote there, before Monday.