For the last few weeks I've been working on FarsiTeX
again. After a few years of flirting with the project, I finally managed to master each and every byte of it; so rewrote almost all of them! Kidding; but I really did quite a lot of things. Some twenty Persian fonts integrated! The engine has been improved drastically too. A release is scheduled for next week, September 27th, but there's still a lot to do...
I read LaTeX Companion and reviewed The TeX book again. Read lots of LaTeX source. Learned more METAFONT. More important than the release itself is the new point of view I got from this all. So now I have a precise idea of what the ultimate clean FarsiTeX looks like. And I will implement that later.
I'm writing down a report on the process right now.